BuildTak is thin advanced plastic sheet that attaches to your printers print bed and improves models sticking to it. It removes the need for Kapton, glue or masking tape.
From product page:
Ideal build surface for FDM 3D printers using ABS and/or PLA.
- Installs much easier than masking tape or films typically used and with fewer chances of air bubbles
- Protects build plate
- Heat resistant and durable, can be reused for many consecutive builds and you can go from ABS to PLA without the need to change the printing surface
- Creates an optimal bond between the 3D printed object and build surface that maximizes the chances your object will be held in place for the duration of the print and then allow for clean and easy removal of the object from the build surface.
- Works great with ABS, PLA and more without the need to change the surface. And no more pretreatments such as hairspray or acetone slurry!
- Easy installation to the bare print bed and clean removal without adhesive residue.
- Durable and with optimal care can last for many hours of use while providing extended protection to the original print bed surface.
- Creates an optimal bond between the 3D printed object and the build surface for the duration of the print while preventing curling. When builds are complete, the 3D printed object can be cleanly removed with minimal prying or scraping.
- Patent-pending heat resistant composition, developed to withstand the typical temperatures used on heated print beds (i.e. 110-125C). With safety in mind, BuildTak is composed of raw materials that are UL flame rated.
- BuildTak sheets can feature custom graphics and branding.
It comes in many sizes, packed as a single or multiple pieces package priced $3.25–$720.00.
Users on Reddit like it and recommend it:
Germans have developed more "germanic" solution to this problem with carbon build plate, which looks like more durable but it doesn't come in such variety of sizes: